A super simple salad recipe for when you’re feeling like something a little different or looking for a fresh side dish to serve with an Asian inspired meal. I love Asian greens served fresh in a salad and any crisp leafy greens or a combination of lettuce leaves would work beautifully here.
Make sure you pick lovely fresh produce to achieve the absolute best results with this simple healthy salad. Szechuan pepper should be available in the exotic/international foods section of your grocery store or at any Asian Supermarket and adds a real kick of flavour.
Stay tuned to see what we served this super yummy salad with… recipe coming later this week
Salad of Asian Greens w/ Szechuan, Sesame Oil & Lime Dressing
Preparation time: 10mins // Serves 4
- 1 bunch (approx 2 cups) of Asian Greens or any leafy greens or salad leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 4 chives, finely sliced
- bunch of coriander (cilantro) (approx ½ cup) leaves roughly chopped, steams finely sliced
- ½ red capsicum (pepper), diced
- 1 small cucumber, deseeded and diced
- 1 small chilli, finely diced (optional)
Szechuan, Sesame Oil & Lime Dressing
- 1 lime, juice
- ½ tbs sesame oil
- 1½ tbs rice bran or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground Szechuan pepper corns
- pinch of ground sea salt
Combine all the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
In a jar or small bowl combine the dressing ingredients by shaking or whisking until smooth.
Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine.
Serve as a great salad accompaniment to your Asian inspired meal.