appetizer autumn party food vegan winter

Spicy Lentil Tart w/ Pomegranate & Mint ~ a guest post

June 8, 2011

Spicy Lentil Tart w/ Pomegranate & Mint

To share a passion with others from across the globe, simply through images and the written word, has to be one of my favourite things about creating Veggie num num. Whether you read blogs, write them or both, to be welcomed into a community of clever, talented, kind and passionate people without ever actually meeting face-to-face, it’s pretty special!

I have been a devoted follower of 6 Bittersweets and Xiaolu’s beautiful inspiring recipes and photography, not to mention her honest, kind and friendly personality for sometime. So I am very happy and excited to be sharing a guest post for her today!!

Yep, I was a little giddy with joy when Xiaolu contacted me to share a post and quite honoured! After a little brainstorming I decided on creating a vegetarian version of a pretty and spicy Lebanese tart that I spied in a recent issues of the ABC’s Delicious magazine.

After a bit of kitchen experimentation I am so very happy with the result and hope you’ll all head over to Xiaolu’s blog to find the Spicy Lentil Tart recipe and have a peek at all of her inspiring and delightful posts.

If you have never visited 6 Bittersweets trust me you are in for a real treat, bursting with beautiful images of clever and amazingly scrumptious looking sweets, desserts and other goodies, it’s a really special place for finding dazzling and elegant food!!

Thank you kindly Xiaolu for this opportunity and I hope you will all enjoy this spicy and tasty lentil tart!!

Spicy Lentil Tart w/ Pomegranate & Mint

• Xiaolu @ 6 Bittersweets June 8, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Thank YOU for creating this stunning tart for me and my readers. And your kind words about my site are making me blush like a schoolgirl =D. Hope I get to visit Australia and meet you one day!!

• Charles June 8, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Looks wonderful. I love tarts and pastry-based things and this sounds incredible. Can’t wait to give it a try :)

• Chinmayie @ Love Food Eat June 9, 2011 at 4:23 am

Looks great! That last photo of Pomegranate is beautiful!

• Jenné @ Sweet Potato Soul June 9, 2011 at 4:24 am

Ahhh, gorgeous! I’ve never seen a lentil tart, but I want one so badly now!
    You’re right 6 Bittersweets is a lovely blog.

• Rivki Locker (Ordinary Blogger) June 10, 2011 at 1:51 pm

This looks wonderful. I love Mediterranean flavors but never quite know how to create them. Bookmarking this to try soon.

• Sally - My Custard Pie June 10, 2011 at 10:53 pm

I’d never have thought of lentils in a tart. But I would never have thought that they would work so well in a lasagna (and I made your recipe for the umpteenth time this week).

• chow vegan June 13, 2011 at 1:16 am

Wow, that looks amazing and so creative! :-)

• Sarah June 14, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I made this the night it was posted and it is extremely delicious – I drizzled mine with a little greek yoghurt as well as the tahini because I concerned it would be a little dry. I also omitted the pomegranate molasses because we were out of it, but threw in a little balsamic syrup instead which seemed to work. My (carnivorous, but vegetarian-sympathetic) bf said that he thought it tasted better with lentils than it would have with lamb mince! The spices are just perfect, thanks so much for posting!

• Trudy ~ Veggie num num June 16, 2011 at 4:33 pm

He-he Xiaolu :) Oh and yes indeed would love to one day meet up face to face!!! 😀

Thanks Charles, pastry is so very delicious isn’t it!!

Thank you Chinmayie, I love that shot too, the pomegranate made these pictures extra pretty :)

I know Jenne I love 6 Bittersweets too :) and thanks for you lovely comment!

I hope you do try it soon Rivki, the spices here are lovely!

He-he Sally so happy to hear it! I love that lentil lasagna too :)

Thanks Chow Vegan!!

Oh wow Sarah thanks for the wonderful feedback, great to hear you both enjoyed the recipe, the balsamic sounds like a delicious idea, thanks for dropping in here at Veggie num num 😀

• Sneaky Vegan June 21, 2011 at 3:23 am

OMG this looks amazing!!! Num num!!!
    If only I had an oven…..sigh.

• PeaSoup July 12, 2011 at 7:03 pm

that looks seriously stunning – I’m a total pomegranate fiend too! Beautifully photographed too.